Market Season Has Arrived!
With the warm summer winds upon us, it only means one thing: market season has arrived. And I couldn’t be more excited! This summer I’ll be attending a handful of amazing ones, both on and off Vancouver Island. Being outdoors in a market setting is really enjoyable to me; the smell of the fresh air, the happy faces of merchants helping eager customers, the sounds of musicians playing in the background…it’s all so lovely. Here’s a sneak peek of the markets I’ll be attending this year:
- June 17-21 @ Granville Island Public Market, Vancouver (TBD)
- June 29-July 2 @ Ship Point Market, Victoria
- July 7-8 @ Harrison Festival, Harrison Hot Springs
- July 9-12 @ Granville Island Public Market, Vancouver (TBD)
- July 13-15 @ Harrison Festival, Harrison Hot Springs
- July 27-28 @ Ship Point Market, Victoria
- August 3-6 @ Filberg Festival, Comox
- August 12-16 @ Granville Island Public Market,Vancouver (TBD)
- August 31-Sept 3 @ Ship Point Market, Victoria
- Various dates TBA @ Gabriola Farmers Market, Gabriola
- Various dates TBA @ Cedar Farmers Market,Cedar
Harrison Festival - Harrison Hot Springs, BC
Last week, I kicked off market-season at the Gabriola Island Farmers’ Market as well as the Cedar Farmers’ Market. The Gabriola one is a local favourite, with shoppers often coming over from Nanaimo and beyond for the day and exploring the island after the market ends. It runs on Saturdays from 10am-2pm from May Long weekend through to Thanksgiving.
Gabriola Island Farmers' Market - Gabriola Island, BC
The Cedar Market is located in the fields of the Crow & Gate Pub in Cedar, and has a fantastic family & local vibe. It runs Sundays from 10am – 2pm, May through October. Be sure to add these fresh gems to your market list if you haven’t already.
Cedar Farmers' Market - Cedar, BC
The Filberg Festival in Comox is my absolute favourite outdoor festival. This year marks my 22ndyear in a row in attendance. Set amongst the stately trees and gardens of the Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park in Comox, BC on the east coast of Vancouver Island, the Filberg Festival is truly a unique event. Attendees can enjoy art, music, food and nature surrounded by beautiful gardens, rustic out-buildings and magnificent views of Comox Harbour and the Beaufort Range.
Filberg Festival - Comox, BC
Thanks for reading, and make sure to say hi if you are coming to any of the above markets!Anita has been designing leather for over 22 years. She and Brian have deliberately kept Indian Summer Leather Design to an “artisan’s scale” in order to be involved in the entire process from creative design to placing her products into the hands of the women and men who will ultimately love her bags. Check out the Calendar page for a detailed list of upcoming shows.