At Indian Summer Leather, we understand that you care about maintaining your leather goods. You invested time and energy into choosing just the right piece to compliment your home. Perhaps your leather upholstery is in your dream car, and as the proud owner, you want to be sure that your car’s upholstery continues to look its best for years to come.
As with all leather goods, your leather upholstery needs regular care to maintain the beauty of its original condition. Leather care doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. With a few simple steps and the right product, you can add years to the life of your leather furniture and car upholstery.
There are a few easy steps to take in your regular leather cleaning routine that can help your leather maintain its appearance.
- Dry Dusting – Regularly wipe away dust and debris with a dry cloth to remove dust that can build up on your leather upholstery.
- Vaccum – As with other upholstery, vacuuming the corners and crevices of your leather furniture can remove larger dust and dirt particles from the seams that can wear on your upholstery and cause abrasions.
- Wipe It Up – Don’t let spills linger on leather upholstery. As soon as a spill occurs, wipe up any moisture with an absorbent cloth or sponge to remove excess moisture that can lead to long-term damage of your leather.
- Buff out scratches – For small scratches in your leather upholstery, try buffing with a microfiber cloth. Often this simple step will eliminate the small scratches that mar the appearance of your leather. For added help, try using a small dot of Super VII Leather Balsam available on our website to really buff away the damage.
- Avoid direct sunlight – Leather is like our skin. Prolonged exposure to sun can strip the upholstery of needed moisture that keeps your leather looking new and beautiful. Avoid the fading, drying effects of the sun by keeping your leather upholstery out of direct sunlight as much as possible.
- Avoid water and soaps – Often our cleaning instincts lead us to use water and harsh soaps on our leather upholstery, but this combination can dry leather and cause cracking and other damage that will shorten the life of your leather. If there is a need to clean up a sticky spot on your furniture, a soft lightly damp cloth can remove the dirt without causing too much harm to the leather upholstery.
Leather Conditioner Only- Another problem that can lead to damage to your leather furniture is the use of products that are not meant for leather. Avoid using any product that isn’t specifically formulated to work with leather.
One Final Step – Condition your leather!
The most effective way to care for your leather upholstery is regular conditioning. Using a product that is specifically formulated to care for leather can not only help you avoid damage to your upholstery, it can actually lengthen the life and beauty of your leather products. Indian Summer Leather knows the best way to preserve your leather is with the best leather conditioner available. That is why we only carry Super VII Leather Balsam. This unique blend of natural ingredients provides the ultimate deep leather conditioning to ensure that your leather products are well treated and are a part of your life for years to come.
The all natural beeswax and jojoba oil in Super VII Leather Balsam provide a deep rich conditioning that enriches your leather upholstery without blocking the pores of your furniture. This leaves leather upholstery pliable and soft. By allowing your leather to remain supple, this Deep Leather Conditioner keeps your leather from cracking and flaking.
Super VII Leather Balsam is easy to use. Simply work a small amount of the deep leather conditioner into your upholstery. Within seconds you can see the difference. Super VII Leather Balsam restores leather to its original color and texture. The jojoba brings back your leather’s beautiful color while the beeswax impregnates the leather and protects against and waterproofs leather from future damage.
With all of these benefits, there is no question that Super VII Leather Balsam is the best option for caring for your leather upholstery and leather furniture. With these simple steps, you can be sure that the leather you love stays in great condition for years to come.